Pedego Latch vs Ariel Rider M-Class. Which electric bike should you buy ?
Don’t buy a Pedego Latch Until you have seen this. (Can Save $1400)
Consider Buying an electric folding bike maybe a Pedego Latch? But you aren’t sure if that is the best fit for you.
If we say there is a better, small electric bike and even $1400 cheaper.
You can check here where we compare Pedego Latch vs Ariel Rider M Class.
Ariel Rider is the best value electric bike in the market which is approved by many independent tests and electric bike review sites. We compare two of the most popular mini electric bikes in the market.
Below you will see the comparison of Pedego Latch vs Ariel Rider M-Class. Also, you will see the pros and cons of Ariel Rider in the last part.
ARIEL RIDER M-CLASS
|Range||90 miles||20 miles|
|Brakes||Hydraulic Disc Brakes||Mechanical Disc Brakes|
|Seatpost||Suspension Seat Post||Solid Seat Post|
|Gears||Shimano Nexus Internal Gear Hubs||Shimano Nexus Internal Gear Hubs|
|Stem||Easy Adjustable Stem||Telescopic Fixed Stem|
|Tires||Maxxiss||Schwalbe Big Apple|
|Sensors||Cadence & Torque Sensor||Cadence Sensor|
Better Weight Distribution
More Efficient Motor
Higher Torque = More Powerful
Better Hill Climbing Power
To Learn More about Advantages of Mid-Drive click here
Ariel Rider Can go 28 mph (where legally allowed). Pedego Latch can go 15 mph which is even below average for folding electric bikes.
The main reason for that is; using a weak 250W hub motor and being 36V also sacrifices top speed and acceleration.
Ariel Rider Has almost 2.5 x more range. To Learn more about how to extend the range on your battery click here.
Ariel Rider Comes with Standard Hydraulic Brakes,
Ariel Rider offers both Cadence and Torque Sensor.
You can learn comparison of torque sensor with cadence sensor here.
Suspension Seatpost absorbs shocks when you ride the e-bike
Easier for seniors or people who have certain injuries to get on and off the bike.
Cons of Ariel Rider M-Class Ebike
- Pedego Latch electric folding bike offers Schwalbe tires. They are better than Maxxis. Schwalbe is famous for its high-end tires.
Pedego Latch is a folding electric bike. So being foldable has certain advantages in terms of volume it occupies. Unfortunately, Pedego Latch isn't that compact due to the fat tires it has. Also Folding Electric bikes are more fragile due to the folding mechanism and weights heavier.
If you are looking for an electric folding fat bike Pedego Latch can be an interesting option for you. You just need to know cons about it.
There is totally a convenience about buying directly from a store. Pedego electric bikes have a wide network of stores where you can buy your assembled e-bike, can do a test ride.
Summary of "Compare Pedego Latch and Ariel Rider M-Class "
We can summarize the advantages of Ariel Rider M-Class electric bike over Pedego Folding Bike are here
- Mid-drive motors are more powerful compared to hub motor no matter what wattage power they show. It is because of internal gears (inside the motor). You can learn more about it here.
- Because of a very efficient mid-drive system and much larger battery, Ariel Rider offers a longer range with a single full charge.
- For a compact bike weight and size are very important so that you can lift and carry very easily.
- Ariel Rider offers more for a similar price with a more advanced motor, hydraulic brake, gears and more standard accessories.
- Ariel Rider has front basket and frame lock as an accessory.
This article is to give you an unbiased review and comparison of both electric bikes. One is a folding electric bike and other is a small compact electric bike.